Thursday 12 December 2013

Red Blonde Hair Tutorial from Dressy Girl Lisa

Good evening everyone!
As part of the ADU Design Team I have been asked to create some colouring tutorials.
I thought this time I would concentrate on the decidedly difficult blonde hair. I know we all have a limited palette of colours available to us so here is a tutorial which covers blonde and a variation on a "redhead".
Here I started with a new ADU image that was created for my gorgeous daughter.  She has two cuddly toys, "Winnie" and "Tony" and you can see them cuddled tighly in her arms.  A massive thank you to the wonderful Artist, Wendy Burns.

I always start with a minium of 3 pens.
Here ae my choices:

I start with the lightest colour first, and build up my colour.
It's easier to add colour than it is to take it away!
 I apply the next colour over the top of the first, starting at the ends, heading into the centre, but leaving a little white area which will become the highlight/shine.
 Continue adding colour.
 You can see I am using less of the darker colours and not colouring as far as the previous colour.
 Go back over the whole image with the lighter colour to give a seamless blend.
 Here is my gorgeous girl, completed.
I hope you can see the amazing shine on the hair.  
Hugs.
Lisa xxxxx

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic and something i have wanted to try..thank you Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing tutorial Lisa! I struggle with light hair and this will help me enormously! Smashing stuff! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant will have to have a go at this. Thank you for the tutorial. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic coloring and tutorial!! Thank you for this. CUTE image too!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic tutorial, Lisa! Gorgeous colouring! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tutorial! I could always use a little extra help. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabbie tutorial ... thanks Lisa!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete